Sunday 21 June 2015

Stagger Lee's

A second outpost by the Proud Mary camp offers a solid brunch alternative on bustling Brunswick street. It boasts a simple but inviting fit-out and I'd have to say the food follows a similar vein. I'd say it was somewhat healthy but not in an I actually watch my carbs/calories way. Making it the perfect destination for when you're feeling you've over indulged a bit too much but still aren't actually going to make food at home.

Fitzroy as you know it
Flat white $3.8 & Chai latte $4.5

Props for the blue crockery. All too often I swear coffee shops buy the exact same mugs as everyone else.

The New Fitz $15.5 - Quinoa, puy lentils, chickpeas and barley salad, pickled red onions, toasted almonds, charred broccoli and a smoked egg plant.
This dish is not something you'd normally see on my blog but yes - sometimes I opt for something with greens on it to alleviate prior guilt. Was pretty nice once all the flavours were mixed through with the lemon just finely balancing it all out.

The Mexican $17 - Soft shell corn tortillas, charred corn, lime and tomatillo salsa, avocado, fried eggs, creme fraiche and herbs
The tortillas certainly didn't pack the spicey flavours I typically associate with Mexico. In no way was that a bad thing with the creme fraiche and herb selection these became quite light and pleasant. A good feed!

Stagger Lee's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment