Saturday 14 March 2015

Industry Beans

I love Fitzroy and I swear if you're going to come across anything interesting in Melbourne, it'll be there. As such hopes are always high for a brunch around here and Industry Beans certainly didn't disappoint.

I actually heard of this cafe not because of the food but due to an award winning interior design. To be honest I didn't really see much of it as the place was full and I was quickly ushered to the outdoor seating. This area probably could've done with an extra fan or two as I was dripping in sweat. Anyway, onto the food!


Passionfruit Panna Cotta $17 - Chia seed granola, rosewater compressed watermelon and rhubarb
I opted for the delight above. All together the flavours mused well and it was a refreshing (very late) breakfast. The rhubarb gel as well as the panna cotta had great soft textures complemented nicely by the crunchiness of the granola. Perhaps a bit too much compressed watermelon for my liking, but then again I'm not a huge fan of the fruit in general. Oh, and the flowers were cute.

Coconut Crusted Brioche $18 - Pineapple compote crushed peanuts, lime curd and coffee caviar

The highlight here was definitely the coffee caviar. It was sort of like jelly balls that when bit into just released a lovely fresh burst of coffee in your mouth. The brioche itself was pleasantly sweet with a subtle undertone of coconut. Peanuts added saltiness to the dish to balance out the sweet salt levels. Pretty yum light summery dish.

I think on balance the brioche was tastier as the panna cotta felt like more of a health food dish.

End verdict: Good food, excellently presented amid great surrounds.

Industry Beans on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment