Monday 9 March 2015

Miss Marmalade

The details of my encounter with Miss Marmalade's are somewhat fuzzy for it's been at least a month since my visit. I write this post mostly out of a feeling of obligation to cover each rateworthy dining experience since my last holiday at the end of January.

Moving on, I recall the cafe being located on a quiet Brunswick street, deceptively suburban for the inner suburbs. The place itself was attuned with the area's vibe - a very homely and family friendly establishment. I sat in what I guess was essentially a secondary room out the back that lacked some of the 'make-up' of the primary. This was fine as the air con here was turned right up helping me catch a breather from the scorching February sun.


Man'which $14 - Slow cooked BBQ pulled pork in brioche buns with chipotle mayo, caramelized onions, and a side of fries

The menu itself has a bunch of classic brunch options refined by the chefs own flair. My partner opted for the Man'which (as she is currently obsessed with sliders) whilst I opted for The Big (I was just hungry).

The Man'which had some good Macca's style shoe-string fries. I genuinely can't remember how the sliders tasted but I'm being assured by a certain someone sitting on the couch with me that they were yum! The Big was served on quite a large plate so don't let the photos deceive you. It was really quite filling - and tasty. At least I think it was The Big but hey.. End verdict: worth a revisit.

The Big $18.60 - Greens free range eggs cooked as you’d like them, double smoked bacon, saucy beans with tomato, rosemary and garlic, crunchy house made hash brown, braised button mushrooms, spicy chorizo and tomato relish on organic sourdough

Miss Marmalade on Urbanspoon

1 comment:


  1. Thanks, Reid! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    https://www.urbanspoon.com/blogger-reviews/71/14508/Melbourne/Feed-Reid.html

    Best,
    Greg

    greg@urbanspoon.com

    ReplyDelete